Sunday, March 29, 2009

House inspiration

Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright

In May, it will be four years since we moved into our house. Prior to moving, we lived in a one bedroom apartment in the City. I used to dream about the luxury of space and I craved actually having somewhere to put everything. Now that I have it, I SO take it for granted. One of the main reasons we purchased this particular house is because I am a Modernist at heart, and having a flat roofed house with huge windows was the closest I would ever come to a little slice of Frank Lloyd Wright or Richard Neutra's horizontal planes in my life. It may not look anything like Falling Water....but a girl can dream.

Here are a couple of famous modernist houses that make me go a bit weak at the knees. I take inspiration from these for our own little place. We haven't really touched it yet, it needs a huge overhaul and some sexying up. 2009 is to be a year of action! Some more realistic inspiration to come.....


Singleton Residence by Richard Neutra


Farnsworth Residence by Mies van der Rohe


The Glass House by Philip Johnson


Pierre Koenig house, Hollywood Hills


Rose Seidler House




No comments:

Post a Comment