Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Copper Shade


I have become slightly obsessed with the kitchen I posted about here. The more I look at it, the more I love it. That brings me back to considering a pendant light for the kitchen I admired early on but haven't thought much about since. The Tom Dixon Copper Shade, available through De De Ce. I have emailed them for pricing, and have absolutely no idea what they will come back with. Although it looks like copper, it's actually manufactured in clear polycarbonate plastic with a copper lining inside, so I have all my fingers and toes crossed that brings the price in at something budget-friendly, as of course I would be needing two.

EDIT: Pricing for the Copper Shade pendants: $605 each, with a lead time of 14-18 weeks as they are not stocked in Australia. Hell that's a long time to wait! Me thinks I'd better check them out in person next time I'm in Sydney or Melbourne, imagine them arriving and not being as beautiful as you thought.....

We had a visit from my kitchen designer friend Jen last night. She should have the first quote back to me by the end of the week, and hubby and I will be off selecting and pricing appliances this weekend. Then we can see what we are really looking at and get our timeline together. Exciting!

2 comments: