Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Sex and The City 2

Like most other females on the planet, I am very excited about the upcoming release of Sex and The City 2 this week.  Fate has conspired against me, and although I had plans to attend the opening night with some fabulous girlfriends, I've had to pass up my ticket and reschedule for a couple of weeks time.  I'm actually thinking the movie itself won't be that brilliant, but I don't really mind that much.  I just miss the girls like I miss old friends, so am happy to catch up with them in any way I can.  That's a little weird, isn't it?  Such is the phenomenon that is SATC.


So, knowing I won't get my girly fix for another couple of weeks, I was very happy to stumble upon a post on Elle Decor that showcases some of the set designs from the movie.  I have always been fascinated with the 'interior' of each character's apartment - as they are such clear insights into the characters themselves.  Over the course of the series, the first movie, and now this second one, we have witnessed Carrie growing and changing with each new phase in her life, and I love that the producers have taken her apartment and decorating style along for the same ride. It's so true to real life, as I know my taste and style has certainly changed plenty and become more refined over the years.

These shots are from Carrie and Big's new 'married' apartment.  Check out the full story on Elle Decor some some really interesting insights from the set designers. 

Above: Adoring this bubble chandelier by Lindsay Adelman.

Above: This golden artwork is very un-Carrie....but very Big!

Above: Ohhh ahhh, heaven.  Those are my lusted after Heath Ceramics tiles on the kitchen splashback.  The ones we decided would be too hard to clean.  Oh how I still adore them.


Above: Personally, not loving this bedroom.  I miss the old Carrie a little. 

Above: The heavenly walk-in-robe that Big built for Carrie in the last movie.

Above: I actually prefer her old one which apparently she still returns to in the new film.  How many $$$ worth of clothes and accessories do we estimate are in this closet!

Above: Ahhhh, I do still love Carrie's old apartment.....

No comments:

Post a Comment